01 January 2014

Happy New Year

Welcome 2014.

Looking back, this day in 2013 was filled with a great deal of fear and uncertain future.


Although I'm facing some follow up scans and blood tests next week, today is one on which I'm celebrating the skill and care I received from surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, GP,  and nursing staff during 2013 which together with the love and care of my family and support of wonderful friends all combined to make sure I was here to see in this very special New Year.


So on this the very first day of 2014, with my goal of being on the start line of Ironman 70.3 Hawaii in May now even closer, having started at a negative figure on the fitness scale back in October ...

Where I'm at today:

150 days out from Ironman 70.3 Hawaii my comeback progress update reads like this:

Longest swim:  1km
Longest ride:    29km
Longest run:     2km



There is much more swimming, riding and running happening of course, but those distances are a good marker for me to judge my gradual progress.  From zero to ?


Helps to celebrate the small things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment