03 March 2014

90 days

I write this in a very jet lagged state.  Although Singapore Airlines got us from London to Darwin via Singapore on time, in comfort and with no hiccups at all, there is no escaping the effects of long haul travel on my body clock. 

A travel bonus was discovering and watching the entire (minus one episode) Season 1 of Six Feet Under.  

I was sorry I wasted so much time trying to get into 12 Years a Slave (found it too violent).  Oscar winner or not, any movie that makes me wince so much in the first half hour gets the turn off treatment. 

So movies, TV series, newspapers aside today is Day One of the rest of my life.

Time to refocus on goals.

Time also to take a good hard look at where I am today. (Flashback: this time last year I was still recovering from surgery but back from Brisbane and heading in to the Alan Walker Cancer Clinic for an education session for upcoming chemotherapy treatment).

With 90 days (yikes) until my comeback attempt at Ironman 70.3 Hawaii I'm staring at a training program for this week that is going to challenge me physically and will also create some waves in the time management area.

My body is still on holidays.  It has enjoyed a few sightseeing runs in London over the past couple of weeks but there has been no swimming or riding.

My final run got sabotaged by blisters (that vanity minute referred to in last post) so it has also been awhile since my last run.


Both feet looked a little sad 

So 90 days out it is time to get a little serious and time to focus on doing what I need to do to have a comfortable day out in Hawaii.

90 days are sure to fly by!


2 comments:

  1. You are such a strong woman, I just finished reading your entire blog and will be sure to continue checking in! I hope you stay healthy and racing.

    - Your new Norwegian reader :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete